Relocation Scotland treats the privacy of our clients very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. We are committed to using your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information and not to do anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
· How we obtain your personal information
· What personal information we collect
· How we use your personal information
· Who we share your personal information with
· Data Security
· Transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA
· Accessing your personal information
· Your Legal Rights
· How long we keep your personal information
· Changes to this Policy
· Contact – Queries, Requests or Concerns
This policy is written in accordance with the Data Protection Regulation Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) “GDPR”.
1. How we obtain your personal information
You provide us with personal data either on our Relocation Questionnaire, via email correspondence or by telephone. This includes name, spouse’s name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, children’s date of birth.
2. What personal information we collect
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you. For example, it can include information such as your name, spouse’s name, children’s date of birth, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers.
Data protection law recognizes that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as sensitive personal information and covers health information, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or other beliefs or a similar nature, political opinion and trade union membership. We would only collect sensitive personal information where there is a clear need to do so to ascertain what services are relevant to you or to provide other support as needed. Before we would collect any sensitive personal information about you we will make it clear to you what information we are collecting and the purpose.
If your children are aged 16 or under, we require a parent/guardian’s permission before any personal information is provided to us. This is automatically given by you on completion of our Relocation Scotland questionnaire.
We also keep information contained in any correspondence you may have with us either by post or email.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We use your information to manage and administer our Relocation services that are being provided to you and your family.
· We use your personal information to provide you with information, support and services to help you with your relocation.
· We use your personal information to gain a full understanding of your relocation, so we can offer you the best personalised service.
4. Who we share your personal information with
We may have to share your personal data with the parties listed below:
· Internal Third Parties – for example, Relocation Consultants
· External Third Parties – for example, Leasing agents, serviced accommodation providers
· Professional Advisers – for example, Banking organisations
· Regulators and other authorities based in the UK – for example, Immigration Dept.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal data for their own purpose and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data form being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, Relocation Scotland cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and any other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. Transfer of your personal data outside of the European Economic Area
We do not currently transfer your personal information outside the EEA. If in the future we transfer your personal data with your consent, in accordance with the terms of this Policy outside of the EEA, we will make sure that the receiver agrees to provide the same or similar protection as we do and that they only use your personal information in accordance with our instructions.
7. Accessing your personal information
Relocation Scotland is required to comply with the provisions of Data Protection Regulations. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and for any inaccuracies to be corrected. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee up to £10, if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you wish to access your personal information, please contact Mary Smith, Managing Director, Relocation Scotland, 42 Albyn Place, Aberdeen. AB10 1YN,
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01224 648488.
8. How long we keep your personal information
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including contact details, identity information, financial and transaction data) for 7 years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data, see Your Legal Rights, below for further information.
9. Your Legal Rights
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
· The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
· The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
· The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller/processor (known as the right to data portability), where applicable, i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract or where we process your data by automated means;
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable, i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority);
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Mary Smith, Managing Director, Relocation Scotland, 42 Albyn Place, Aberdeen. AB10 1YN,
email: email@example.com or telephone: 01224 648488.
11. Changes to this Policy
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.